2021 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity
When properly equipped, the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds. Along with that, the Silverado 1500 payload capacity tops out at 2,280 pounds, so you know that you’ll have more than enough muscle to take on the Greeley job site. With the hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a slew of towing features, you’ll be prepared to conquer any challenge the Laramie streets have to offer. Read on to learn more about the Silverado 1500 payload, towing, and performance below.
Silverado 1500 Towing Capacity Per Engine
The impressive Chevy Silverado towing capacity and performance capabilities are bolstered by an array of strong engine options:
- 4.3L V6 Engine: 285 hp, 305 lb-ft of torque, 7,900-pound towing capacity
- 2.7L Turbo Engine: 310 hp, 348 lb-ft of torque, 9,600-pound towing capacity
- 5.3L V8 Engine with Direct Fuel Management: 355 hp, 383 lb-ft of torque, 11,500-pound towing capacity
- 6.2L V8 Engine: 420 hp, 460 lb-ft of torque 13,300-pound towing capacity
- 3.0L I6 Turbo-Diesel: 277 hp, 460 lb-ft of torque, 9,500-pound towing capacity
The latest Silverado 1500 has a reputation for taking on the hardest jobs, and it’s no surprise as to why. The following features help the Chevy Silverado towing capacity reach its peak:
- Trailering Package: Standard on the 2021 Silverado 1500, this package includes a trailering hitch platform and 2-inch receiver, a 4-pin connector, an automatic locking rear differential, and a 7-wire harness with a 7-way sealed connector.
- Optional Max Trailering Package: Offered on select trims, this package includes the Handling/Trailering Suspension Package, revised shock tuning, upgraded rear springs, and more.
- Optional Tow Mirrors: If you’re hoping to enjoy safer towing around town, optional extended view towing mirrors and other accessories can be added to your truck.
Discover the Chevy Silverado at Tyrrell Auto Centers
Ready to see the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 payload and performance prowess in action? Visit our Chevy dealership near Fort Collins to get behind the wheel of this muscular pickup. No matter what projects are on your horizon, the Chevy Silverado towing capacity can help you tackle any challenge. Our financiers are standing by to help you score a phenomenal deal on your upgrade. As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions about the Silverado 1500 towing capacity, our inventory, or our services.
More from Tyrrell Auto Centers
The 2022 Honda Civic is one of the hottest vehicles on the Cheyenne streets, and for good reason. It’s completely redesigned for the 2022 model year, and it leads its class in a variety of ways, such as safety and technology features, upgrades, and price. Let’s take a look at the various Honda Civic trim…
When properly equipped, the 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 towing capacity reaches 13,300 pounds. Along with that, the Silverado 1500 payload capacity tops out at 2,280 pounds, so you know that you’ll have more than enough muscle to take on the Greeley job site. With the hydroformed, boxed high-strength steel frame, and a slew of towing…
Are you in the market for an SUV that delivers strong performance, stunning good looks, and endless efficiency? If so, the new Chevy Equinox offers a match for every item on your wishlist. The Chevy Equinox fuel economy reaches a sedan-like 26 mpg city/31 mpg highway with its base-level engine, ensuring that your Fort Collins…